Saturday 6 July 2013

How do you want it sir?



“In fact, you’ll like anything you eat there”, those were the words that led me to Adrian’s Restaurant on MCC road, Calabar. No truer words have ever been uttered. I have never been disappointed by Adrian`s, the quality, taste and general “home feel “of their cooking always brings me back.

I have never been a fish person (still not), but out of long throat ventured to taste my cousins` fisherman soup and promptly fell in love, to think that fish and okro- which I do not like too- are major ingredients for this soup, yet I fell so hard. Matters were made worse when the kind lady waiting on us noticed I didn’t eat the fish and promptly offered to have the kitchen serve me the soup with beef if I could not eat the fish, I could have hugged her.

There is sadly a negative part to this story, if you’re mad hungry and are at the point of fainting, please go to any of the street side fish spots (there is a story there too- the growth of the Calabar street food industry) because Adrian`s will give you a service time of 30 minutes and serve you in an hour. The food is a la carte, and so you must wait the full duration of its preparation. However, for those who know, you can call ahead and order your food, so that as you arrive you are served. On the other hand, if you have to suffer the one hour wait, remember these words “you`ll like anything you eat there”.


* For the quality of their food, the taste and presentation. For the clean and nice smelling environment – 4 pats

1 comment:

  1. Adrians gets 4 pats out of a possible....?

    ReplyDelete