Tuesday 16 July 2013

Terrible Tuesday and the Rivers State Assembly Gladiators












So on Tuesday last week, the Rivers State House Assembly came under attack, massive attack in fact, from non-other but the members itself or shall I say gladiators. The stories that have come out are sketchy to say the least, however, one thing is for sure; there was a fight. Now, I’m not talking about abuse me, I abuse you, Im talking about grabbing the mace and bashing your colleagues head in with it. Talk about abuse of power……..

What scares me more is that, what if, like our friend Spartacus; these guys were armed with swords or worse still guns. The slicing and dicing or and the killing that would have followed ehn! Not a small thing oh! I mean if you had seen the gladiator oops sorry I meant the member of the house who ran in, grabbed the mace and proceeded to chase down two to three other members. The scape goat (I wonder why he could not run fast enough), got the full brunt of the members might as the mace came crashing down on his head. For those of you who watched the macabre show either live or via youtube or any other social media platform, would attest to the brutality and animalistic show of disgrace that was on parade at the arena, did I just say that, sorry, I meant the floor of the State house of assembly.

Sitting in my office, watching the video onyoutube I was screaming and jumping about as if my body was on fire. Why oh why? I kept asking myself. I needed clarification on the matter, still do. However, I heard (heard oh!) that five members of the Rivers State House of Assembly who are loyal to the Presidency proceeded to put motions in place to impeach the speaker of the house- to what ends?? Your guess is as good as mine. But how do 5 members impeach a speaker, are 5 members enough to form a quorum? Out of a possible 30 or is it 31?

Anyway, gangangan!!! Enter the “boss” or is he the “actor”? (tell me please), as I was saying, enter Hon. Chidi Lloyd. He dashes in, grabs the mace, and proceeds to bash his “enemies” breaking of the top of the mace in the act. Dear readers on this issue alone ehn, I need help, please let me know what this hullabaloo is about. What’s the real motive? What’s the real agenda?

2 comments:

  1. Hilariously unfortunate. Nice narrative style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one madd customer! I'm lost for words. The good thing about this is that Nigerians have finally lost respect for these politicians/ comedians. People now refer to Lloyd and Chinda respectively as the "Akpako" and the "Akpakee". Smh for naija

    ReplyDelete